Creating a Low Carbon Ground Floor Slab
The Eco-Slab™ system provides a new, fast and cost saving construction method for ground floors, combining insitu formwork with permanent insulation for the lifetime of the building. Light weight and easy to handle, Eco-Slab is ideal for casting a ground floor slab in small, contained spaces with limited access, such as a back gardens or where road access is limited. Used in place of block and beam, it has excellent thermal properties, complies with all regulatory requirements and can cut costs by 30% and installation time by up to 80%. It works with traditional building methods or used in conjunction with other technologies, can be used to form the base for thermal envelope.
Benefits of Using Eco-Slab™
- Light weight and easy to handlle
- No specialist skills needed to install by hand and can be cut to fit with a hand-saw
- Lap and ledge design creates a strong, seamless surface to lay the slab • 50 m2 ground floor slab can be installed and poured in a day
- Permanent insulation for the lifetime of the building
- Zero linear thermal leakage
- Deliver’s U values for the floor capable of exceeding code 4 up to Zero Carbon
- Excellent compression properties
- Suitable for suspended, ground bearing or full raft slab
- Resistant to moisture
- Unique patented design provides a void for service ducts and ventilation
Environmental and Cost Benefits of Eco-Slab™
- Up to 30% cost saving when compared to traditional methods of construction.
- No specialist knowledge required for installation
- Reduces site activity by up to 80% - no craneage or specialist tools required
- Manufactured by Jablite from EPS - A* rating in the BRE Green Guide to specification and fully recyclable
- Carbon footprint reduced by up to 80%
- Site waste reduced to 4% recyclable waste
- Ideal component for creating a thermal envelope when used in conjunction with other technologies
- Reduced health and safety risks
Please email or call if you would like a copy of the SAP report for the Chewton Mendips house.