Eco-Slab™ is a unique patented insulated concrete formwork (ICF), which offers a modern method of construction for creating ground floor slabs suitable for dwellings and non-dwellings
- It offers a simple 2 step process for casting a ground slab with an exceptionally low carbon foot print:
- Embodied Carbon: 3.4kgs/m2
- Operational Carbon: Used in conjunction with other technologies Eco-Slab™ can assist in achieving Zero Carbon •
Eco-Slab™ is manufactured from carbon enriched expanded polystyrene (EPS). It is a modular system consisting of 1m2 interlocking rafts and a thickened edge beam.
The lap and ledge system gives enhanced U values capable of achieving values of 0.13 and provides a stable working base on which to lay the slab.
The thickened beam edge of 200mm ensures zero lateral thermal leakage
Manufactured in the UK by Jablite/ Styropak, part of the Synbra group of companies specializing in the manufacture of EPS Eco-Slab™
- Local Authority Building Control, National Type Approval Certificate 209-8-7052.03
- Certified by the Building Research Establishment (BRE) RCB326A
- Accepted by NHBC
- Manufactured to comply with EN ISO 10211-1:1996BS EN ISO 13370:1998
- Quality Assured: ISO 9002 ISO 14001
Thermal Imaging detects the leaks through which the heated air (in cold regions) or cool air-conditioning air (in warm regions) disappears.
On a thermal image, warm objects stand out well against cooler backgrounds making it very easy to map the following.
The strong yellow line around the base of the building illustrates how heat is lost from the ground floor of a poorly insulated building.